How to open hammer after Steampipe update?

How do I open it

By BenjaminsMaps 11 months ago

After this good and bad Steampipe update you can't open hammer.

So I would ask if there is a method to make it work.

14 posts 1,405 views
  • You must be a member

Replies

• BenjaminsMaps's Levels
    • P1: Beggar
    • A3: Apprentice
      Account Age: 1 year
    Posted 11 months ago

Found one lame method...

with HldsUpdateTool you can install a tf2 server (More information how on youtube and google.) And with that server you have all the files to tf2. So if you open source sdk and press "Edit Game configs" to your servers files (mine is installed here C:\HLserver\orangebox\tf) then you will be able to open it.

User Title
    Text message missing
  • birjolaxew's Levels
    • P2: Drudge
    • E2: Guide
      EF: 25
    • A4: Graduate
      Account Age: 3 years
    Posted 11 months ago

There's a way easier way. Simply opt into the Source SDK beta that Valve released.

Go to your Steam library and right-click Team Fortress 2. Select Properties from the drop-down that appears. Head on over to the Betas tab in the new window, and select sdktools_beta. Let Steam update the game, and head on over to C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/team fortress 2/bin/ and double-click Hammer.bat. Done. You now have a fully functioning TF2-specific Hammer. You can obviously add a shortcut in your Steam library if you feel like it.

• Helpful x 1
    • Interesting x 1
  • Sir Rexius Sarcasticus's Levels
    • E1: Helper
      EF: 5
    Posted 11 months ago

Posted by birjolaxew There's a way easier way. Simply opt into the Source SDK beta that Valve released.

Go to your Steam library and right-click Team Fortress 2. Select Properties from the drop-down that appears. Head on over to the Betas tab in the new window, and select sdktools_beta. Let Steam update the game, and head on over to C:/Program Files (x86)/Steam/SteamApps/common/team fortress 2/bin/ and double-click Hammer.bat. Done. You now have a fully functioning TF2-specific Hammer. You can obviously add a shortcut in your Steam library if you feel like it.

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but would that also work for TF2's HLMV?

Sexiest Rexy to ever exist.
  • BenjaminsMaps's Levels
    Posted 11 months ago

Posted by Sir Rexius Sarcasticus

Posted by birjolaxew There's a way easier way. Simply opt into the Source SDK beta that Valve released.

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question, but would that also work for TF2's HLMV?

I don't know what HLMV is please explain

User Title
    Text message missing
  • BenjaminsMaps's Levels
    Posted 11 months ago

It says: NONE - Opt out of all beta programs

User Title
    Text message missing
  • birjolaxew's Levels
    Posted 11 months ago

Posted by BenjaminsMaps It says: NONE - Opt out of all beta programs

Erh. Yearh. That's what you click, a drop-down will appear, and you can select sdkbeta.

• BenjaminsMaps's Levels
    Posted 11 months ago

Posted by birjolaxew

Posted by BenjaminsMaps It says: NONE - Opt out of all beta programs

Erh. Yearh. That's what you click, a drop-down will appear, and you can select sdkbeta.

Well I can't click there.

User Title
    Text message missing
  • birjolaxew's Levels
    Posted 11 months ago

Ya' sure?

Are you F2P, or did you buy the game? It'd be a real dickmove by Valve, but it may be possible that that's the problem.

• BenjaminsMaps's Levels
    Posted 11 months ago

Posted by birjolaxew Ya' sure?

Are you F2P, or did you buy the game? It'd be a real dickmove by Valve, but it may be possible that that's the problem.

I'm P2P so I don't know why

User Title
    Text message missing
  • Sir Rexius Sarcasticus's Levels
    • E1: Helper
      EF: 5
    Posted 11 months ago

HLMV is what you can use to view Half Life 2 Model Files without actually starting the game. Its useful, especially for making previews and testing animations.

Sexiest Rexy to ever exist.
  • You must be a member