Hi everyone! Yes, I know there are threads that discuss about having problems on using the particles in-game on Team Fortress 2 which is the same with this one. However, none of them were solved nor answered (or I was not searching harder at all). I'm not quite sure if I should bump the 2 year old thread instead or re-post it. lol
Anyway, focusing on the topic:
There are particles missing in TF2. Actually, almost all of the particles were invisible in the game (e.g. muzzle flash, rocket trail, blood trail, disguise, explosion).
- I currently installed a custom particles pack in the game
- The archive file of the custom particles includes a 'particles_manifest.txt' file
- All of the particles were missing except for the laser from Engineer's Pomson 3000 (as far as I have observed)
- All of the particles were visible on a server with sv_cheats 1 activated (I created an offline server with a map that automatically turns the sv cheats on while connecting)
- There were errors in the console saying "Attempting to create particle- (particle location and file name)"
- (Before the problem happened) I edited the 'particles_manifest.txt' file because the laser from the Pomson 3000 was not visble. After editing it I was able to fix it, but suddenly the rest of the particles in the game are now invisible
- I placed all of the particle files from the 'team fortress 2 content.gcf' to the tf/particles folder, still no changes (derped)
- I brought back the default 'particles_manifest.txt' on the tf/particles folder. Suddenly all of the particles were visible except for the Pomson's laser
TL;DR (Too Long; Didn't Read)
I'm having problems with my particles. When editing it on the 'particles_manifest.txt', some of the particles are not visible. Please help.
So here are the two particles_manifest:
I presume there's something that has to be edited/removed/added on the manifest file, but since I don't know anything at all about this, I'm asking if you guys can help me fix it. Replies would be much appreciated.