Frustratingly Long load Times

By Headshotz McGee 6 years ago

The reson I have been playing CoD4 so much is because it loads in about 45 seconds on average. I haven't played Team Fortress 2 in a very long time because of the loading times. So I booted it up to try out the new medic updates. It was retrieving server info for 8 MINUTES when it finally made it to sending client info, where it sat for 5 MINUTES until I decided to Ctrl+Alt+Del out of it and play Cod4, which took all of 30 seconds to load. My specs: -AMD Athlon 64 X2 4000+ @ 2.1GHz -3GB RAM (2x 512MB and 2x 1GB) -8800GT 512MB -Vista Home Premium 32-bit

I've tried doing the heapsize thing so that it's using about 1.5GB of RAM, but still no dice. Why does TF2 take so amazingly long to load? Any help?

3 posts 4,670 views
  • You must be a member

Replies

• Folstream's Levels
    • P1: Beggar
    • E1: Helper
      EF: 4
    • A6: Elder
      Account Age: 8 years
    Posted 6 years ago

Something wrong with your computer, I have the same CPU as you and 1GB less in ram, 8600GT card and I load a game in like 30 secs. Could be Vista though, I'm running on XP.

User Title
    Pardoned after a year
  • M_oo_P's Levels
    Posted 6 years ago

I have Duel Boot with Vista ultimate and Xp i have a 3.20 intell duel core and 4 gigs of ram also 8800 ultra and ive notice Xp loads faster on tf2 but on my vista is longer but not as long as you

User Title
    Join the MooP GrouP!
  • pickles's Levels
    • P1: Beggar
    Posted 6 years ago

Try typing -autoconfig in set launch options to reset video settings and if that doesn't work try a reinstall.

User Title
    join the fpsb servers
  • You must be a member