Give 'em the boot right in the fruit!
Apparently I was dubbed "The GameBanana Graveyard Digger" by the user that requested this.
Anyway, I was asked to try and fix an old v_machete mod know as "Kar-ate" where the sniper would fight with karate chops, punches, and a kick. Long story short, it was extremely hard, but I got it done in the end.
Updated the old broken animations to work with today's c_models
Works with ALL SNIPER ONLY melee weapons
Works with any sniper reskin
Packed into VPK
If this is to break in any future update, I will try and fix it
- Fixing this took more blood, sweat, tears, and the rage of a thousand suns to get this to work and I hope my efforts weren't for not
This took a solid 9 hours of work to get everything to work in the best way possible. And if you have a gripe with the animations, I'm not an animator I just fixed something incredibly hard to do.
Please rate and comment!
FAQ: Please read this before commenting below if you have a problem.
- Help! none of the animations are playing! Its broken!
That's not a question... But none the less. If you are having issues with the animations not playing I strongly suggest that you check to see if you have any other reanimation packs, you can only have one or the other. Also check to make sure you are not playing on an sv_pure sever with custom animations on its black list.
- The animations work but the crit leg kick doesn't!
What the hell that's not a que- whatever. This is usually caused by you having another mod that changes the sniper's c_model arms. Examples are the Falconer fix, the sniper arms fix, the pony sniper arms, or any other mod that changes the arms in any way.
- Why do some times the attack sounds play on other weapons like the Conscientious Objector, and the mad milk and jarate when I throw them?
Nothing I can do about that! Blame VALVe for reusing sounds!
- Does this come with thirdperson animations?
No this does not. The original never had them anyway. Plus the world view lacks a crit swing so no leg kick. It also helps for readability of what the enemy sniper has, since you already know what melee you have you don't need to see yours.
FIXED FOR SCREAM FORTRESS 2013!
Now uses GameZombie's separate c_model aniamtions
If you have Paysus' Sniper animations also installed, please use the one that say it'll work with his animations.
- If you do not, use the standalone VPK
Update 2 (6/20/14)
Fixed for the "Love and War" update
- No longer Paysus compatible
Update 3 (6/22/140
Now its fixed for the "Love and War" update
- Paysus' compatible again!