Posted by Eventyr
Another simple reskin!!
Seriously? You come to my page and find my only skin and rate it badly solely because I rated a skin that was probably posted by your friend or alternate account (nonetheless you appeared to be associated with them and this action only justifies this suspicion) with a similar rating?
To anyone wondering, the skin can be found here, and you can see the comments and ratings made by both this user and I: http://www.gamebanana.com/tf2/skins/116235
It is wholly reprehensible and childish to abuse the voting feature of this website. Voting is not for revenge when you feel you have been wrongly rated (or you feel a friend's work has been wrongly rated). I thought that people by now would be above this but I am obviously wrong. No, voting is for legitimate criticism of works and should be used for such. I know that the only reason you posted a comment at all was so I could not remove your unjustified rating, because you could not come up with legitimate feedback on this.
Normally I would not be so butthurt at someone rating my skins a 3. They can rate it a 3 if they see fit, especially if they have a good reason. However, it irks me to no end that I know that you rated it a 3 BECAUSE and ONLY BECAUSE I rated another skin a 2. I'm sorry, but for the reasons I explicitly pointed out, that skin deserved that rating. In fact, I used the "overall rating" factor to raise the rating because I felt bad for giving it such a low rating. I don't know why you're so vindictive of that work since it's not yours (unless it actually is yours on an alternate account) but I can assure you that this is not how this site works. You are supposed to rate works based on their merits and not based on how that person rated your work. If you aren't mature enough to realize this then I suggest you leave this site and not come back, as to save everyone else the trouble of having to deal with your childish antics.
Also, let me tell you why I disagree that this is a simple pasteover (and I know that you made that EXACT comment because that is exactly what I said about the skin mentioned above):
- I had to find the original artwork at the highest resolution possible
- I had to discover the EXACT font used on their album covers in order to best emulate their look.
- I had to find a website that would make custom nutrition labels and I had to make my own (this is harder than it sounds, since the 1 site that was free frequently would not work).
- The nutrition labels have some funny detail put into them, such as the serving size of "2 gulps" and the ingredients listing "100% Vitamin K", which is a reference to the founder of the band, "Käpt'n K". I thought people would like these little nuances.
- I had to find a site to produce custom UPC's, and I made my own. This wasn't exactly the hardest thing to do, but it was another nice little nuance I included. Just for fun, why don't you type the UPC on each can into Google and see what it shows you? I did it on purpose. :)
- If this was a simple pasteover, why did I mess with Half-Life Model Viewer, GIMP, and my Windows registry in order to create a custom backpack icon for this skin?
- In fact, I pretty much learned GIMP on the fly just to create this skin, and right now I'm using GIMP to create another skin. But you'll probably rate that one badly for being a "simple pasteover" too, won't you?
All in all, I really don't appreciate immature people like you that abuse the rating feature just to feel a little bit better on the inside when you feel works are being rated unfairly. If you feel you or a friend's work is being rated unfairly, you should attempt to rectify the situation by putting a little bit more effort into the work in question. But for now, because you obviously cannot do that, I will make it known that you are an ignoramus that is incapable of receiving criticism without feeling the need to give reciprocal attack.