Ctf_aerospace Beta 4
Gametype: Capture the flag
Author: Arthur "Arhurt" Bobany
Version: beta 4
"The Government has issued a contract for the creation of the new line of combat planes
that are to be the standard for the near future. Two rivalling companies, Red Aerospace
and Blue Aviation, are now battling for the contract.
After many months of lawsuits, legal actions and speculation, the The Government has
decided to let both companies create a prototype, and has given advanced funding to both.
At the end of the deadline, both prototypes will be analyzed and the best one fully produced,
giving it's parent company will recieve the funding of a gazillion dollars for it.
Unfortunately, the production must be carried out in a secret location, and both companies
have been given one half of the terrain to estabilish their facilities. After many months
of hard work, espionage and peeking over the walls, they each have their own prototype ready
ahead of time. They could use this extra time to make their plane better, but stealing the
opponent's blueprints and sabotaging their planes seems like a better option.
And so their facilities have became a warzone."
ctf_aerospace is a medium sized capture the flag map with emphasis in speed, team dynamics and acessible intel. Each base has a hangar with a "tower" in the back, where the Intel is located in the third floor. The Hangar and Intel room have plenty of different infiltration points so a very strong defense must be set up to prevent the enemy from getting to your Intel. The team must coordinate the attack and defense patterns to surprize the enemy and gain the upper hand.
I hope you have fun with this map. Just watch out for the pits in the caves and you should be OK.
From beta 3 to beta 4
- Added a small building to the side of each hangar with ammo and health.
- Closed off the path closest to the cliffside by the hangar yard forcing enemies to come by the front of it.
- Created a small alcove for engineers in front of the Hangar with a Full ammo pack and cover to set up sentries outside.
- Added a large ramp in front of the hangars to create more varied height gameplay in that area and provide more options for entering the hangar.
- Added a narrow ramp from the lowest bridge across the chasm to it's roof so players have the option of going up the three paths there as well as going down.
- Added cover behind the billboards atop the shacks.
- Added a set of wood planks to the walkways across the chasm to help players manevour without jumping and falling down.
- Added a small healthkit to the top of the main hangar to help the flying demoman for the great damage they take upon landing.
- Added a set of props to the side of the spawn exit so that enemies will be less hidden when spawncamping.
- Moved the planes inside the hangar so that there is more space for engies to place their teleport entrances hidden from enemies.
- Bug fix: Neither the intel or Stickybombs will be able to hide behind the cliff rocks. The bombs will bounce off and stick to the ground until I find a better fix.
- Bug fix: Players no more die instantly after falling down from the bridge in the chasm. It's still a deathpit, but there is a chance for a lucky double or rocket-jump.
- Minor improvements to graphics all around and minor optmization.