HM OPCUSD v2 - Horde Mode OP Challenge: Unlimited Survival Double-Team.
This map is a spin-off of hm opchallange. Hm opchallange is a single-player map based around fighting hoards of bots in waves of increasing difficulty. All wile being godly-buffed. (Read more on the map here: http://gamebanana.com/tf2/maps/165477 ) This map is basically the same thing but with a lot of key differences.
The main differences between opchallange and this map are:
- There are unlimited rounds. So the goal shifts from beating it to seeing how far you can get. Or up to 100 rounds if that's your thing.
- The difficulty only increases up to the 12th round and then stays constantly that hard.
- You can select the bot's AI difficulty level at the very start of a round. 1 to 4, 1 being the easiest and 4 being the hardest.
- New rounds only start after every bot dies.
- Every round there is only 2 possible bot classes that can spawn, and they change every round.
- Unfortunately since it's unlimited there can't be music.
- Debug mode was removed, however it's still possible to noclip into it if you really want to mess around with the system.
- Hardcore mode was removed because you can now select your difficulty level.
How to play:
Put the map and the nav file in your maps folder. Launch TF2 and either start the map from the host game menu or put 'map mapname' in the console. Join RED and select a class. Soldier, demoman and other beefy classes are recommended. Now you'll be greeted by 4 passageways: 1, 2, 3, 4. These doors are used to select the AI difficulty level. 1 is easiest wile 4 is hardest.
After a difficulty is selected, you'll move on to the second area. Here there are 3 passageways:
- DEFENSIVE CHALLENGE
- OFFENSIVE CHALLENGE
- FUN MODE
Defensive challenge: This and offensive challenge are the main modes. Try to see how far you can get against waves of bots wile being buffed with primarily defensive buffs. You'll only deal minicrits (vs offensive challenge's full crits) but you'll have more survivability.
Offensive challenge: This and defensive challenge are the main modes. Try to see how far you can get against waves of bots wile being buffed with primarily offensive buffs. You'll always do crits but you have to watch your health more then in defensive challenge.
Fun mode: Have every powerup and uber. It's not possible to die (unless you jump into the pit,) but it's still possible to fail. This mode's for messing around.
Have fun and tell me what you think.
Note 1: Map is single-player only. It uses cheats for the powerups, only the host can get the powerups and the map might crash if there's more then 1 person. DON'T RUN THIS MAP ON SERVERS! It's a security risk to enable cheats on servers and the map will not function correctly. As a security precaution, (and because I don't want to be blamed for f ups) when run the map will password protect the game.
Note 2: It may be necessary to lower graphical setting in this map. Wile the map itself is very minimal in detail, it's the client (your computer) that has to process all of the bot AI and that may be taxing on midrange PCs.
Note 3: Due to technical limitations, the on-screen prompts that shows up every 5 rounds to announce what round you are on may no appear in custom huds and doesn't work in minimal hud. Also the max it counts up to is the 100th round. After that there's only prompts at the 200th, 500th and 9001st round.