After 8 months of school, summer, laziness, an extra 50 - 55 hours of work, trademannconomy is back! The first trade map released for tf2 ( 25 minutes after the mannconomy update!)(If not the first then most likely the second). Instead of some fancy description as usual, this is a trade map, you go on a server to trade not to have fun. But on trademannconomy there actually is a lot more stuff to do than the usual trade map coughPlazacough and without further ado, the changelog!!
* Added and fixed a few more secrets/easter egg
* Added a sign that gets shown before you pick a team which says " Blue team is for deathmatch, red team is for trading"
* Added light over dark teleports for people who cannot see the teleports, and assume that the underground boxing arena is the entire map.
* Changed sound delay in secret spectator room to 5 seconds instead of 7, also made the sound play in the spectator room, before you couldn't hear what sound was being played but people who were fighting could hear it.
* Super special secret added
* Moved teleports closer to dispensers in the rocket jump obstacle course area,
Since version 4 or 4.5 I have spent another 40 - 60 hours on the map. This is what I have added / removed since then.
- Added small secrets here and there
- Added a secret spectator room in the boxing arena where you can play up to 6 sounds (It was going to be for music but I didn't want to make the map too big) and a blue laser you can trigger on and off, there was going to be a cage that came up and surrounded the boxing arena when 1 of person from each team was on at least one corner of the arena to prevent people getting in the way of melee fights but unfortunately I'm not that good yet.
- Added an item room, ( The item room was made before the uber update and right after halloween items)(For a full item list please visit tf2items.com)
- Added two more breakable dartboards but this time in the "DURR" room.
*Fixed shadowing in map
*Added area portal, hints, occluders all around the map. (This means more fps I always stay around 120 - 300 fp at all times)
- NO MORE CORDONED MAP, this means no more lag, no more leaks, no more broken areaportals, and best of all the map is now smaller is mb
- Sound scapes have been added, you will now occasionally hear machines whirring and beeping in the background while inside, outside by the pool you will hear birds chirping and crickets, in the boxing arena you will hear some small ambient echoing and etc.
- Lighting has been improved greatly, while there may be some light bleeding in the walls still I have completely fixed laggy lights, and lights now look like they have a source from every room in the map, IE: a light bulb. You will also be able to jump through light models so you will no longer get stuck.
- Added more detail props around the map, some parts may or may not still be a little bland depending on personal preference :)
- ALL animating models playing animations around the map have been made walk through, no longer will you get stuck!
- Texture alignment has been fixed in multiple areas.
- fun little rocket jump room added
- 3 - 6 info buttons have been spread around the map for people who may or may not specific things such as what certain buttons do or what rooms are, or even who the map is made by, adding on to that I removed "DominicHax" from the wall to save some more brush, now it's just a button that says the map is made by DominicHax
- Added a second party ball in blue spawn.
- Repositioned dispensers and ammo outside by the shooting range and minigolf course so you wouldn't have to walk as far.
- Added some spawns in the underground area for some people who like to test out their weapons or just fight without having to walk in a teleporter, added a teleporter that teleports you back up to red base if you don't want to fight.
- Added a tp in blue spawn to the mini rocket launcher jump area.
- repositioned lights in the under ground boxing area
- Func_detailed many brushes and nodrawed almost all unseen faces!
- Added invisble clip stairs to the boxing arena so you wont have to jump 3 - 4 times just to get in the arena, now you will only need to jump once if you crouch jump.
- Added funcnobuild, and funcnogrenades inside, outside and in the middle of the red and blue hallways from base to arena to prevent campers from sticky camping, rocket camping, and sentry camping. Sentries are still buildable just not directly infront of an enemies doorway!
- Added func_nobuild to all the doors to prevent engineers from griefing
- added some more overlays and detailing texture and etc all around.
- Added shadowcontrol, waterlod_control and correctly built the cubemaps, along with correct pak ratting of all custom textures :) (Hopefully lol)
- Added some small easter eggs around the map, you'll only find it if you are trying!
- Spawn has been changed in the red base into a new room!
- func_respawnroom has been added to the new room!
Thanks for reading the readme, if you did you can have the code to the spectator room :), C 4 Keep-out and both left and right direction sign ( not the left and right arrows), please do not spam the buttons or I will delete the buttons in a possible future version.
Last of all, I hope you enjoy the map if you have any suggestions/complaints please email me at email@example.com, If no one uses my map ( :( ) at least I learnt a bunch of new stuff!
TrademannconomyV5G is only 11 MB! Trade_plaza is 10 mb, my map has more content, please use my map! Bz2ed, my map is around 3 mb, put that on your fast dl and it will only take a minute maximum to download the map depending on server internet upload speed and if fast dl is being used.
Release date: august 24th of 2011, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TEAM FORTRESS!
Mapper: Dominichax or Dominic ( Spent around 50 - 55 hours on the map)
help with target practice for trademannconomyv3:
Anyone who made suggestions thanks to you.
Dartboard: someone from fpsbanana/gamebanana in the tf2 texture section, so thank you.
Minigolf sign: Google Images
Boxing gloves: Google Images
Finally, I hope you enjoy your stay on my map, and hopefully someone is kind enough to host a server, as my computer and internet will not do anymore :(.