Well, about time I finally release this. I've been holding onto it for months.
This mod slightly optimizes the original TF2 minimal mode HUD by reorganizing the individual elements (mostly bars), centering the labels so the name doesn't cut off, and adding a background to make them more visible. It also fixes overlapping problems with other items.
The idea of this was to keep the feeling of the original TF2 HUD but still optimizing it, because I personally dislike complete HUD overhauls (FrankenHUD, eve-HUD, etc.).
Please note that I only uploaded screenshots for the Scout and Spy, but in reality I edited every class but the Medic (since he doesn't have any item bars that look out of place; the Übercharge bar is unique and optimized by default).
This is my first upload to Gamebanana and in fact my first release in general. Comments and criticism is appreciated, but please don't be too harsh. :)
inb4 "omg y u use germen lenguage?????" --> To demonstrate that this mod is multi-lingual.
inb4 "omg y u no uninstal mods be4 takin screnshot?????" --> Because I couldn't be bothered. :V
Installation: Simply extract the folder into your C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\YOURNAME\team fortress 2\tf folder and enable Minimal Mode in the advanced option in the TF2 main menu.
NOTE: This mod is incompatible with the standard sized HUD and most custom HUDs!
- v1.5: Added changes for the new Sapper and Heavy resource files for MVM.
- v1.4: Added changes for the Flying Guillotine and Power Up Canteens.
- v1.3: Added changes for the Hitman's Heatmaker and fixed the Bazaar Bargain's head counter.
- v1.2: Added changes for the Chargin' Targe charge meter.
- v1.1: Added changes for the Stickybomb and Huntsman charge meters.
- v1.0: Initial release.